Gamers have long awaited the release of Grand Theft Auto 5 for the PC. After numerous delays backed up by quality assurance, Rockstar has released their game for the PC.
The PC version of Grand Theft Auto 5 is an updated version of 2013’s best-selling release. With 4k support, 60 Frames-Per-Second gameplay, a new first person mode, the addition of online heists, and a complete graphics overhaul, Grand Theft Auto 5 PC is set to be the greatest, most immersive version yet.
Gamers lucky enough to live in the United States gain access to the game hours before the clock strikes midnight. Here are a list of time zones and their corresponding unlock times:
- 4/13 at 4:00 PM Pacific Standard Time (PST)
- 4/13 at 7:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST)
- 4/14 at 12:00 AM British Standard Time (BST)
- 4/14 at 7:00 AM Austrailian Western Standard Time (AWST)
- 4/14 at 9:00 AM Austrailian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
Update 2: Some who have pre-loaded the game are reporting that decrypting the game requires double the space, amounting to 130GB. Those who do not have enough hard drive space may need to re-download the game.
Rockstar Games has confirmed that these are indeed the times that Grand Theft Auto 5 PC (GTA 5 PC) will be unlocked on Steam and ready to play. However, the pre-load version of the game is over 62GB of data, so to those who have yet to pre-load the game: You should probably start moving!
Grand Theft Auto 5 PC (also known as GTA 5 PC) is a remaster of the original GTA 5 release for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 4 platforms. In the game, the player assumes the role of three main characters who all meet each other under odd circumstances and eventually team up to pull off a bank heist. The game also includes an online mode called GTA Online where players can create their own character and complete missions, races, or just mess around in Los Santos. Grand Theft Auto 5 PC releases April 14th.
GTA 5 PC Minimum Requirements
- Processor (CPU): Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz or AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Black Edition
- Graphics Card GPU): nVidia GeForce 9800GT or ATI Radeon HD 4870
- RAM: 4GB
- Operating System: Windows 7 x64
- Hard Drive Space: 65GB
- DirectX Version: DirectX 10
GTA 5 PC Recommended Requirements
- Processor (CPU): Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz or AMD FX-8350
- Graphics Card GPU): nVidia GeForce GTX 660 or ATI Radeon HD7870
- RAM: 8GB
- Operating System: Windows 8 x64
- Hard Drive Space: 65GB
- DirectX Version: DirectX 11